Spreading the St. Patrick’s Day Love!

We love anything Green here at MasterGardening and St. Patrick’s Day is all about the GREEN!

To help celebrate St. Patrick’s day we are giving away a pair of Triple Blade Herb Scissors and a Kitchen Herb Mini-Greenhouse kit to one lucky winner!!

Kitchen Herbs Mini-Greenhouse Kit

Triple Blade Herb Scissors

Grow your own basil, chives and parsley in your kitchen window! This kit includes a 6 cell greenhouse base to house your plastic herb pots. Also included are greenhouse dome, soil discs, and a packet each of basil, parsley and chive seeds. Everything you need to start your herb garden.

Once your herbs are ready to harvest use the Triple Blade herb scissors to cut, snip and mince the herbs! These scissors feature 3 precision sharp blades making quick work of the most troublesome herbs.

If contests are not your cup of tea you can always purchase these great items on our website MasterGardening.com.

Entering to win is easy- Just answer the following question by posting a comment below and you will automatically be entered into the random drawing. Then check our facebook page tomorrow morning to see if you won! And don’t forget to check out all our fantastic gardening supplies at www.MasterGardening.com

What about spring are you looking forward to most?

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

64 Responses to “Spreading the St. Patrick’s Day Love!”

1. March 17, 2011 at 12:13 pm #

Soon my tulips and crocus will be peeking out and that is so exciting, the beginning of Spring. And soon the stores will be loaded with flowers, love to plan and shop for flowers for my garden!

2. March 17, 2011 at 12:14 pm #

Having some green shakes for lunch today to celebrate!

• March 17, 2011 at 12:23 pm #

Check back later today for a Irish treat on our Recipe of the Week!

3. March 17, 2011 at 12:15 pm #

My favorite thing about spring is watching my plants sprout new leaves.

4. Lisa Gegare
    March 17, 2011 at 12:16 pm #

My birthday on April 6th.

5. Linda Belcher
    March 17, 2011 at 12:16 pm #

The warmth of the sunshine as I weed and watch my flower beds come into bloom.

6. March 17, 2011 at 12:17 pm #

I love Spring because it means I can start my seeds indoors for my garden….I grow a number of veggies and some flowers….I love starting a plant from a seed and watch it grow and grow until I can plant it in my garden, then waiting for the day when it flowers and bears fruit..Eating fresh tomato’s and cucumbers from your garden is such a reward for all the love and care you put into it…Gardening is a passion one I am happy to say I have along with a green thumb and yes I am Irish….thanks, Rowena

7. March 17, 2011 at 12:17 pm #

I look forward to spring most by getting my seeds started in this cold climate and planning the gardens; flowers and veggies. Browsing seed catalogs and all gardening sites in the winter get me reved for spring! Bring it on!

8. Diane Kinnally
    March 17, 2011 at 12:18 pm #

Spring time means daffodils and tulips. It reminds me of my grandmother who was my inspiration to the world of gardening. Everything in nature was an opportunity to teach us something. She was a kindergarden teacher, a girlscout leader, but most importantly my grandmother.

9. Barb Kilpatrick
    March 17, 2011 at 12:19 pm #

I am SO looking foward to the ‘greening’ after a long, cold, very snowy winter. I can’t wait to see the sprouting and my flower beds coming back to life. After many months of everything black and white and brown……..it will be pure joy!

10. gaye lake
    March 17, 2011 at 12:21 pm #

i’ve always wanted a greenhouse, so starting w/ a mini-one would be a fabulous start..

11. March 17, 2011 at 12:22 pm #

I have my own greenhouse and I love watching the little plants emerge from the soil. Then I walk around the yard and look for what’s popping up in the gardens. I just noticed the crocus are starting to peek out. Spring is my favorite time of the year.

12. Karen Smith Bennett
    March 17, 2011 at 12:22 pm #

My favorite thing about Spring is immense variety of the flowers just in my own yard: citrus blossoms, peach blossoms, wisteria blooms, clover, squash flowers, tomato flowers, daffodils, dutch iris, gladiolas, roses, lillies… and our hive of bees that enjoy them too!

13. gaye lake
    March 17, 2011 at 12:22 pm #

i entered my comment, but it’s awaiting moderation?? what does that mean..

• March 17, 2011 at 12:34 pm #

Sorry for the confussion Gaye, our site just required us to review comments before they are posted to the site if you are a new commenter. Thanks!

14. gaye lake
    March 17, 2011 at 12:23 pm #

i’ve completed all that i’m supposed to complete..again, i’d love to experience a mini-greenhouse..

15. paula diaz
    March 17, 2011 at 12:23 pm #

hope my irish blood works today!

16. Carol Gill
    March 17, 2011 at 12:25 pm #

Putting away the snow shovel – and picking up the trowel…

17. Trina Gonzalez
    March 17, 2011 at 12:33 pm #

looking forward to all the beautiful flowers coming up and the trees with all their leaves giving us shade to plant in. Also looking forward to building a new shed for all my pots.

18. Jean
    March 17, 2011 at 12:35 pm #

I love Spring because I get to see just how good my bulb planting skills are!!

19. Donna Brede
    March 17, 2011 at 12:38 pm #

Just bought a greenhouse…cant wait to get it up. Will be a great project! I’m so excited!

20. Emily
    March 17, 2011 at 12:38 pm #

I can’t wait for the bluebells to bloom!

21. March 17, 2011 at 12:39 pm #

I adore the “greening” of it all. The first flowers and plants are just miraculous:).

22. francene
    March 17, 2011 at 12:40 pm #

I can’t wait till I can get into our fields and check to see if the asparagus is up ! This was its second winter so I am planning to “steal” just a couple of spears for the first time – soooooo pumped !

23. Shelley Bynack
    March 17, 2011 at 12:42 pm #

The smell of the soil,the warmth of the sun and looking for the bulbs peeking out from last years planting

24. Lisa Rotenberry
    March 17, 2011 at 12:51 pm #

I’m looking forward to being outside all weekend, working in my garden and flower beds.

I love it!

25. Jamie Gentry
    March 17, 2011 at 12:51 pm #

Spring means planting (& quickly harvesting) lettuce, snap peas, radishes and green onions! Plus all the beautiful daffodils, tulips and crocus. . .and my birthday is next week!

26. Cheryl Deutschman
    March 17, 2011 at 12:53 pm #

Digging into the dirt like a little kid and creating my happy place outside – my garden!!!!! :O)

27. Carol
    March 17, 2011 at 12:55 pm #

I love the smell of the earth warming after a long winter of snow and freezing temperatures. I enjoy seeing my pussy willow budding, knowing that next will come the delicate smell of my lilacs.

28. becky balli
    March 17, 2011 at 12:55 pm #

Where oh where do i begin?!? Warm weather, green grass, planting, new life hatching and blooming everywhere?!

29. March 17, 2011 at 1:02 pm #

I love spring arriving because that means I can spend my days from sunup to sundown outside playing in the dirt pampering my beautiful garden that is full of roses, azelias, iris, canna lillies, day lillies, impatience. hosta, and many other beautiful plants. In the evening, we can enjoy the benefits of all my labor by smelling and seeing the beauty while eating our grilled steaks and drinking our southern sweet tea! Yes mam!

30. Bonnie
    March 17, 2011 at 1:07 pm #

getting my pea sprouts out into the garden! I have many of them growning already on my kitcen table, but they are soon ready to go out into the warmth of the earth. I am excited that my husband agreed to expand our vegtable garden this year so adding herbs would be exciting!

31. Christine
    March 17, 2011 at 1:10 pm #

Rebirth, renewal, regrowth. I am starting with the help of others an organic garden at our public elementary/middle school. I can not wait to get in deep w/ dirt, plants and growth!

32. Patricia Albright
    March 17, 2011 at 1:19 pm #

My favorite thing about Spring is the rebirth of everything green & beautiful! New life in the garden, new life in the trees, new life in the bird’s nests. Everything is coming alive and giving us the hope of rebirth and new beginnings!

33. Linda
    March 17, 2011 at 1:25 pm #

I can`t wait to get out in the yard and dig in the dirt. It is my therapy in the spring and summer.

34. Sue ODell
    March 17, 2011 at 1:26 pm #

The sun warming the ground so the planting can begin!

35. Lydia Gray
    March 17, 2011 at 1:26 pm #

Oh my….I’m so happy to see the sun. My crocuses are blooming (which I’m very excited about)and verious other bulbs are coming up. The peep frogs peeping at night. And the fact that I get to garden! I love it all!! :)

36. Victoria Nardozzi
    March 17, 2011 at 1:32 pm #

FRESH ASPARAGUS! Tomatoes! Sunlight filtering through new leaves, spring fragrances, babies.

37. Kristy Enders
    March 17, 2011 at 1:37 pm #

Planting our vegetable garden – 1380 sq ft of wonder -full!

38. Mari Lu
    March 17, 2011 at 1:39 pm #

Moving into my new house this weekend and planting some veggies for fresh salads. This prize would be perfect for my and my new home!

39. Patricia Roloff
    March 17, 2011 at 1:41 pm #

Spring brings St. Patrick’s Day, my favorite holiday. Yes, I am Irish! I love starting my seeds in the sunroom and checking their growth every day and fussing over them. I love the warmth of the spring sun and I love NO SNOW!!

40. Amanda in Florida
    March 17, 2011 at 1:52 pm #

I am looking forward to more sunshine, more time outside with my daughter, and enjoying the beaches/rivers/lakes here in Florida. We are transplanting our seedlings to their permanent homes outside, probably next week, and I can’t wait to watch them grow and harvest them.

41. Pam Ladds
    March 17, 2011 at 2:08 pm #

No more snow! We are still buried. Green shoots, birds returning and others leaving, and the plants that came inside for the winter can go back out.

42. Lori Puzyn
    March 17, 2011 at 2:19 pm #

EVERYTHING!!!!! ( I can finally see my lawn & it’s still green yippie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPY SPRING

43. Janet Lindsey
    March 17, 2011 at 2:23 pm #

I’m a skier so I do miss the snow… but… I’m in awe of the beauty of the flower plus I can’t wait to eat fresh veggies and fruit from the garden. I can almost hear the asparagus and rhubarb starting to wake up!

44. Becky Falsone
    March 17, 2011 at 2:25 pm #

I can’t wait to start planting in my raised beds! Today I took a half day off work since it is 60 degrees and sunny! I am going to plant my sugar snap peas since it is St. Patrick’s day so I have good luck with my gardening adventures :)

45. Lori McCarter
    March 17, 2011 at 2:43 pm #

Each spring is for new beginnings, and to see what survived the winter.

46. Marty McGrath
    March 17, 2011 at 3:19 pm #

Am in ag country, Northern Santa Barbara County, so blessed year round, but when the spring’s brief rains drape over the coastal hills, well, the gold winter hills turn to vivid greens, dotted with hprses, cattle and many wildflowers, the valley oaks releaf in new darker green, setting the stage for fields of California Poppies, gazanias, rose moss, hordes of blossoming bougainvillea of many colors, making a drive on Highway 101, Santa Maria to Ventura, just breathtaking! Ah, spring!

47. Jennifer Lane
    March 17, 2011 at 3:45 pm #

Here in Central Florida I like the thunderstorms. It is hard to say good-bye to winter here.

48. Jann R
    March 17, 2011 at 3:52 pm #

Love, love, love spring. The beginning of all warm, pretty, fab things.

49. Jeanne Burke
    March 17, 2011 at 4:05 pm #

I love that EVERY spring there is a God-given drive in me to work in the garden. It comes so naturally and it is very strong – it’s not there in winter but starts every March. I love how (in California) the existing flowering plants just start blooming all on their own. And I love being drawn to be creative in adding new elements to the living canvas.

50. Victoria Tennis
    March 17, 2011 at 4:05 pm #

What do I love about spring? I can start working in my dirt! We have a new home and I have been working to get gardens and landscaping in the almost 1 acre of land that is our “yard.” I wait all winter just so I can start clearing out the weeds and try to implement my “plan.” This year we have saved enough to pay someone to put our front lawn in – but I have LOTS of little garden plots I am trying to get going. SO – hurry up Spring I need to get my hands in the dirt. :)